Wednesday, December 24, 2014

'Twas the night before Christmas at Auckland Airport

Spending the night at a budget hotel near the airport, I planned for dinner assuming that there would be very few dining options available Christmas Eve night. The last thing I wanted was a Christmas Eve dinner consisting of McDonalds.  At the airport, I selected a chicken, brie and cranberry sandwich and a brownie for dessert. It was a pleasant dinner watching New Zealand television; the sandwich was good, the brownie not so much. It was relaxing, there was nowhere to go, hence no guilt for just relaxing. A few hours later, after watching too much television, I wandered down to the lobby for a snack. The old poem suggests that there was “not a creature was stirring;” however, in my case, there was not a vending machine working.  It is alright, it just meant that I could have more for Christmas breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment