Friday, May 30, 2014

Stockholm’s Doors

Fridhemsgatan 18
I made a brief study of the doors to apartment flats in Stockholm during my walks. I find it fascinating that people who live in the blocks are able to walk through these remarkable portals each day. It is certain that to the residents it is a mundane activity and they rarely take notice of the decorations. After a while, most likely, I would not give it a thought either. But the diversity of door decorations is one of the small things that makes Stockholm interesting. Because I do not know anyone in Stockholm, these tantalizing doors are also a gateway to a hidden world. In my mind I assume that what lies behind the doors is as interesting as the doors themselves. Perhaps not. But the doors, nevertheless, area a gateway to an unseen world for most travelers.
Hantverkargatan 86


Banergatan 33

No comments:

Post a Comment