Sunday, August 26, 2018

Breakfast and Children


After the complimentary breakfast at the hotel, I was waiting for the elevator when a woman about my age came carrying a full tray of food. I offered her to enter first and asked, because she had her hands full, to push the button for her floor. She thanked me. After the door closed she stared at the control panel on the elevator and said, “I was just thinking my son is probably old enough to get his own breakfast,” I smiled, nodded my head and offered that I heard my mom’s voice in my head with saying that I should be getting her breakfast. This is not actual true, she’d would never make this request of me, but it makes for good small talk. The woman laughed and added that her son was going to be legally able to drink next week. I suspect that he was old enough to get his own breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment